- Please note, families with additional food requirements should contact the camp’s director.
Gluten Free at NJY Camps …
In keeping with the NJY Camps mission of providing every child with the opportunity to experience overnight camp, a dedicated, GIG (Gluten Intolerance Group) certified gluten-free kitchen opened in summer 2011. This kitchen helps to ensure that anyone who has Celiac Disease or lives a gluten-free lifestyle can participate in camp.
However, Gluten Free at NJY Camps goes way beyond the kitchen …
- Gluten-free dining selections match the dining hall menus
- Food service staff, counselors and directors understand the practical and emotional aspects of children with Celiac and/or gluten intolerance or sensitivity
- Separate, supervised serving line as well as full salad bar to avoid cross contamination
- All program electives that use food, such as cooking, are gluten-free to allow for full participation.
- Food for out of camp trips, such as sporting competitions or overnights, is provided through the gluten-free kitchen.
- NO extra cost for this meal plan.